Today is my darling’s birthday. He hates celebrating birthdays, but even he had to admit that I’m getting pretty good at organizing his parties (can you see the smug look on my face lol?) Truth be told, this year round he helped me out – a lot! Just like I thought, I overdid it in the baking department, I successfully tried out some dips/party food recipes you kind readers gave me access to, and after 7 hours spent in the kitchen, we were ready for celebrating. Everything came out great, everyone had a super time, everyone ate and drank (and drank, and drank…),everyone woke up with a hangover (oh yes we did. C woke us up at 8, but slept again till 11am!! Yes, 11! I truly love my girl :)), and we all had a lovely time.
The menu read something like this:
- Spicy Aubergine Dip
- Roasted Peppers and Feta Dip
- Cucumber Rounds with a Tahini Paste topped with Smoky Hummus
- Cheese-filled Figs wrapped in Parma Ham
- Salmon and Cream Cheese Blinis
- Caprese Salad
- A Cold Cuts Selection (we finally managed to find Mortadella!)
- A Lemony Potato Salad with Smoked Salmon and Horseradish
- Rosemary Foccacia
- Olive and Anchovies Pizza
- Vegetable Spring-rolls, Shrimp skewers and Prawn Toast.
And dessert? We had fresh strawberry cupcakes, chocolate orange cupcakes and lemon cheesecake cupcakes!
And the day after, we had a lovely sunny day, so out we went!
And Cesca? Of course we couldn’t forget our little star…